Apply for writing residence in Hökarängen
Konsthall C offers writers a residence in our research station, a stone's throw from the art gallery in Hökarängen. The residency stay is an opportunity to live and work alone or together with others inspired by the theme of Konsthall C's upcoming exhibition that touches upon patriarchal violence, ie men's violence against women, queer and transgender people. The exhibition explores the creation of rituals for mourning but also strategies that provide an opportunity to find your way back to strength, hope and joy. If you are interested in similar issues and themes in your writing, then apply for this winter residency.
We accept applications for our two residency periods.
Period 1: November 16 - December 20
Period 2: 11 January 2021 - 28 February 2021
This is part of the residence at the Research Station
The residency place is our research station in Hökarängen, which will be a small guest house for visiting artists and researchers. Due to the size of the home, only one person can live there at a time. The research station is built on a private plot in Hökarängen, I collaborate with the family who lives there. I remained included, including a scholarship of SEK 6,000 and free use of the research station as a workplace and/or home for six weeks. We ask you to share your work within our public exhibition program during your residency.
Who can apply?
Anyone who writes can apply. You do not have to be a published author, journalist, poet or artist.
You apply no later than 1 November at midnight via email. Notice is given on the 9th of November.
Criteria and selection
You should be interested in the problems surrounding men's violence against women, queer and transgender people. In our selection, we take into account how the applicant plans to use their time to deepen and develop their writing and how the applicant wants to contribute to the program. We strive for a broad representation regarding gender, age, background and genre.
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com
How to apply
- Check the date are you available to take on this residency?
Answer the three questions below
- Attach a sample writing and email to us. Format: PDF. 1 A4, 12 point font
- Question: How could this writing residency be good for you as a writer at this point in your practice? (Max 1500 characters)
- Question: Describe your interest in our theme connected to rituals for mourning but also strategies that provide an opportunity to find one's way back to strength, hope, healing and joy. The overarching theme is patriarchal violence, ie men's violence against women, queer and transgender people. (Max 1500 characters)
- Question: Please describe how you would like to participate in our public exhibition program during your residency. (Max 500 characters)
The Research Station is built with funding from Kulturbryggan.